Is your phone system the grand central station of your business? Probably – most are. When was the last time it was updated with the features to save your business’ valuable resources?
In that case, familiarize yourself with VoIP.
Simply put VoIP; or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), is a scalable phone solution. The technology of VoIP allows you to use the Internet protocol to make and receive telephone calls. This means that you can use your computer and phones on the same network. There are also many Telecommunications providers that enable you to use the Internet for local and long distance calls. Many businesses – both large and small – are making the change. They are swapping their traditional phone systems over to VoIP solutions to not only save money but be more efficient with their time.
VoIP is a way to utilize your phone system, so it creates options that can save your company resources. In fact, recent surveys predict that the Global VoIP Market is growing from $83 billion in 2015 to $140 billion in 2021.
- Basic, free services are available – they require all users to be at their computers to make or receive calls. Other options allow you to call from a standard phone, headset or cell phone.
- A broadband Internet connection is necessary, plus a traditional phone and an adapter; a VoIP-enabled phone; or VoIP software on your computer.
- Many VoIP services use the Internet for phone calls; while a large amount of small businesses use VoIP and unified communications on private networks. The private networks have more powerful security and service quality than public ones can provide.
Plus, VoIP allows users many benefits. The unified communication will permit you to:
- Minimize your travel and training costs, due to web and video conferencing
- Increase your phone system trouble-free
- Decrease your phone charges
To see how VoIP can assist your business, connect with a member of our team today!