Messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Discord, and WeChat are a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. But not all messaging apps
The surge in the coronavirus has got everyone on edge. As we look around the world, we see people trying to prepare in the event of an outbreak in their area. We are getting calls from IT staff and business owners who are asking how to help employees securely work from home.
To help by offering a free 90-day trial to Webex.
Here are a few tips to safely work from home:
- Implement good passwords and require two-factor authentication when logging into accounts and apps.
- Make sure there is anti-virus, web filtering, firewalls, and preventative software on all devices that employees are using for work.
- Avoid using personal devices.
- Don’t let anyone else use your work laptop—not your children, partner, friend or other family members.
- Avoid using public WiFi.
- Pay attention to people around you if you are in a public place—look for eavesdroppers and shoulder surfers. You want to be sure passwords and other sensitive information are safe.
- Make sure all employees have secure access to the business network. This includes a virtual private network (VPN) to make sure security patches are installed regularly and computers are constantly monitored.
For more information on how to protect
your employees and your business, contact us today!
Oops! We could not locate your form.