Messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Discord, and WeChat are a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. But not all messaging apps
It feels like summer just began and yet the start of the school year is right around the corner. This year’s list may look a bit different – while we are still buying pencils and notebooks, a new laptop may be on your list as well. Whether you are buying a new, using an old, or borrowing the school’s laptop, there are many things to be aware of to avoid system crashes and hacking attempts.
Here are a few simple tips to keep you, your kids, and your devices protected from cyber threats this school year:
- Use strong and unique passwords for each site.
- Make sure software and OS are up to date.
- Make sure you have an antivirus installed and it runs at least once a week.
- Backup your data.
- Don’t click on links or open attachments from unknown sources.
- Don’t download software from unknown sites.
- Kids should use safe search tools such as Google’s safesearchkids.com.