The Sr. Systems Consultant is a lead professional position within the Solutions Group and is part of a team responsible for project engagements specifically focused on design, development, support and administration of Microsoft Server Infrastructure within multi-server enterprise class environments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Building, testing, and integrating Windows based servers in production environments that include O/S upgrades, SAN installations and connectivity, hardware support to some degree (IBM, HP and Dell), and implementation of server standards and deployment policies. The Sr. Consultant engages in the design and integration of virtual environments, using products such as Citrix XenServer or VMware commonly required in disaster recovery and contingency solutions and most often in conjunction with SAN deployments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for architecting, designing, deploying and supporting Microsoft Server Infrastructure
- Effectively builds and implements new hardware configurations consisting of virtualized and SAN environments
- Effectively provides support for common and advanced system administration. Responsibilities include backup and restore, clustering, replication, and migration.
- Effectively analyze and measure system performance, capacity, and availability often used to identify new opportunities and to assist clients with planning efforts.
- Consistently perform server application configuration management / deployment support and thin client integration using terminal server and Citrix
- Assists Sales in the design, specification, and configuration of solutions
- Effectively acts as project technical lead on solutions engagements and often expected to direct other team members
- works with the Project Manager on scheduling and project timelines and reports on project progress, status and issues
- Performs scheduled installation of solutions and effectively works with clients to ensure that the solutions meets proposed and intended objectives and ensures that the customer receives adequate knowledge transfer
- Prepares appropriate documentation both during the project and at project wrap up
- Looks for opportunities to expand technical knowledge in currently assigned disciplines, as well as emerging technologies.
The Sr. Systems Consultant must have a well-rounded background, solid Windows 200x skills and advanced working knowledge of Active Directory/NT Domains. Additionally, highly recommended and desired is a working knowledge and experience with virtualization and SANs, particularly ISCSI (such as Left Hand Networks) Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Enterprise level product integration (such as backup / recovery, Blackberry services, archiving products and enterprise monitoring solutions).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required
- A minimum of 5 years experience
- Must possess an updated MCSE certification
- Must possess a strong background in Active Directory design and Implementation
- Must have an overall strong understanding of security of active directory and group policies
- Candidate should have a complementary skill such as MS SQL, MS Share Point or MS Exchange
- Extensive experience implementing/migrating XP, 2000, NT 4.0, Active Directory.
- MS Exchange Certification is desirable along with experience designing exchange in large enterprise environments
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be customer service and results-oriented and have the ability to work well in fast paced environment.
- Required to work off hours on occasion and as needed
Please note that this position requires a valid drivers license, reliable vehicle and the ability to pass a background check.