The Solutions Architect position is responsible for providing sales assistance to the Sales Team concerning the technical knowledge of products and services. The Solutions Architect also acts as a liaison between the Sales Team and other departments within the company, such as the Customer Information Center (CIC) or Solutions Group
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Account Managers with technical knowledge pertaining to the products and services offered by the company.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to the Sales Team, customers, and prospects.
- Provide technical specifications for a quote or proposal and prepare accompanying material such as SoW.
- Interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs and communicate this information to the Account Manager.
- Perform technical presentations that demonstrates how products and services can benefit and meet customer or prospect needs.
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the company to gather technical expertise for supporting the Sales Team.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other related events.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings of the company.
- Perform sales procedures through tickets associated with opportunities in ConnectWise and remain compliant with defined policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical background, with previous experience in a technical role.
- Proven track record in sales and knowledge of technology.
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences.
- Proficient with general office applications.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Special Position Requirements:
- Attend weekly sales meetings and ensure sales opportunities are compliant with company policy.
- Assist with sales projects and provide cross functional assistance to other departments when needed.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Please note that a valid drivers license and the ability to pass a background check are requirements for this position.