The Network Engineer works as part of a centralized technical services team responsible for providing proactive IT infrastructure support and operations management across multiple IT infrastructure platforms (on-premise, private cloud, public cloud). The role of the centralized technical services team is to develop standards, best practices and deliver common IT operations management tasks consistently across a diverse client base, ensuring high-quality service delivery and superior IT operations management for our clients. The Network Engineer must have the ability to specialize in network management/network administration yet develop a general knowledge of systems management.
- The Network Engineer has a technical view across all clients simultaneously and is responsible to analyze reactive service metrics and identify areas of improvement for service delivery which will result in the reduction of reactive service requests and prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Provide high quality, centralized technical services consistently across all clients.
- Maintain hardware and software as needed to provide stable, secure, and reliable service to our clients.
- Responsible for Network Administration and Security (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless APs, etc.).
- Perform hardware replacement/upgrades.
- Perform scheduled upgrades as needed (Firmware, IOS updates / critical patches, blacklist IPs, etc.).
- Responsible for network performance management, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Ensure network equipment configurations are documented and backed up for all clients.
- Works off-shift, nights, holidays, and weekends, if needed, to support problem resolution or infrastructure upgrades.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and effectively without supervision.
- BS in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in network management/network security/network administration.
- Experience managing network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, etc. (Cisco, Meraki, Ubiquiti, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers, support staff, sales team, vendors, and peers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearances for our clients (if needed).
- Hold a valid drivers’ license and be able to commute to client locations.
- Experience with VoIP solutions (Cisco Webex, Cisco Call Manager, etc.).
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Operations Management.
- Experience with desktop virtualization technologies (Citrix/XenDesktop).
- Experience with Microsoft O365 Services (Office, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, etc.).